Sunday, April 1, 2012

Poached Egg Salad with Avocado, Cucumber Sauce

I saw a picture of an Avocado Eggs Benedict this morning on Pinterest, and since I'm not the biggest fan of Hollandaise sauce, I decided to create my own Avocado, Cucumber Sauce to have with a poached egg salad. It's very simple and can be used with an assortment of dishes. Can't make poached eggs, try it on scrambled!

©ApronStringstoDiamondRings




Assemble a salad using:
1.5 cups of raw spinach
.5 culs romaine lettuce
1 roma tomato
1 T onion, chopped (I used green onions)

While you poach two eggs (or scramble eggs), combine 1/2 avocado, 1 pickling cucumber (peeled), 1T cilantro, 1 squeeze of lime juice, 1/2 cup of plain low-fat greek yogurt, 1/4-1/2 cup 1% milk in a blender and blend until completely combined. If you want a thinner sauce, add a bit more milk.

Place the two poached eggs on top of the salad, drizzle sauce on top, and there you have it! Add half a grapefruit on the side and you have a very filling breakfast for under 300 calories! Happy Eating, and Enjoy!!!

©ApronStringstoDiamondRings

I've been using LiveStrong to track my meals and exercise, and I absolutely love that they have so many foods already calculated! The meal's nutritional facts are below, including salad, grapefruit and sauce:

Total Calories 281
Fat 14 g
Carbs 21g
Fiber 3g
Protein 18g
Sugars 9g


*©ApronStringstoDiamondRings All Rights Reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment