Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday Brunch

Easter Sunday was always a time when the family would get together, dress in our 'Sunday Best', attend church and come home for a delicious home-cooked brunch. Filled with potatoes, veggies, and of course an Easter ham, we gathered around the table for a hour of stories, laughs and sometimes a few tears. This year, being in Chicago, I was unable to be with family, so my surrogate family welcomed me with open arms to join them from Sunday Easter brunch.

Others' family traditions are always fun to learn about and experience, and this one, although different from my own, resembled much of how my family comes together to celebrate this holiday. It was the next best thing to being home. Here is a sampling of the food we had.
 

Fresh Fruit Salad, 
I helped chop up the apples and cantaloupe, my friend added the grapes, blackberries and mango!



Roasted Brussels Sprouts, dressed in vinegar, oil, and salt then...

Mixed with feta and cranberries, topped with walnuts!

Mashed potatoes

Beer Bread

Maggie's Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowls with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Fudge
(Recipe to come!)

*©ApronStringstoDiamondRings All Rights Reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment