Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Burger with Quinoa and Asparagus

With my time in Chicago coming quickly to an end, and spring just around the corner (weather wise, at least), it was time to clean out the freezer and add some color to my plate. When I buy meat, whether it be beef, turkey, chicken or pork, I usually buy more than I'll eat so I can freeze it and have some at my fingertips for a quick meal.




A few weeks ago I made Blue Cheese Burgers and froze a few extra patties. With some fresh asparagus from Trader Joe's, Quinoa, Mozzarella, homemade Pico de Gallo and smashed avocado I threw together this quick meal. I didn't have a burger bun so I used two pieces of whole wheat bread, used a round cookie cutter to make the slices a perfect size for the burger and broiled them (or toasted).

For the roasted asparagus, I drizzled them with EVOO, sprinkled some salt and pepper on top, and put them in a 400˙ oven for 25 minutes, turning once to evenly brown.


I melted a small piece of mozzarella on top of the burger, plated it on the toast, topped with lettuce, avocado, pico de gallo and a sprig of cilantro. Along with the burger I added a 1/2 cup of quinoa and the roasted asparagus on the side. Serve immediately. Happy Cooking, and Enjoy!

*©ApronStringstoDiamondRings All Rights Reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment