Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pasta Salad with Cilantro Dressing


This week Trader Joe's had avocados on sale, which meant, most of my meals were going to be filled with avocados! YAY! I love them. They're a super food (I believe) filled with good fats, great texture, and wonderful vitamins. I was on Pinterest today when I saw a corn, avocado, tomato, cilantro salad and figured I could tweak it so I could use what I had in my refrigerator. With leftover pasta from the other night, fresh tomatoes and avocados, and a bunch of cilantro on it's way out (it doesn't last long), I put together a cold pasta salad. Here's what I did!




Makes 1 serving:
Pasta (cooked and chilled), 1/2 cup
tomato, chopped
1/2 avocado, chopped

Dressing
a small handful of cilantro, minced
1/8-1/4 cup of EVOO
pinch of salt
1 t of agave nectar (or honey), just a small amount*
lime juice (half a lime)
*If you wanted to do a more traditional dressing you can switch out the Agave nectar for vinegar.


Mix the dressing ingredients together either by whisking in a bowl or shaping in a container. Taste and adjust if needed. You want a hint of lime, with a bit of sweet and tart. It's oddly wonderful!

Drizzle the dressing over the pasta, avocado and tomato. Happy eating!


*©ApronStringstoDiamondRings All Rights Reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment